Rosacea is a type of skin inflammation that typically affects the face. Rosacea affects both males and females, however it is three times more common in women. It has a peak onset of between ages 30 to 60 and is not contagious.
It has four subtypes, three affecting the skin and the fourth affecting the eyes – Ocular Rosacea.
Symptoms of Acne Rosacea;
- Redness – Central face, cheeks, nose and forehead.
- Redness – Neck, chest, ears and Scalp – this is less common.
- Dilation of Superficial blood vessels on the face.
- Red domed / small bumps.
- Pustules – small elevation of the skin containing inflammatory cells.
- Red Gritty Eyes
- Red nose
What causes Acne Rosacea
Triggers for Acne Rosacea are generally, but not limited to the following:
- Hot drinks.
- Coffee and tea.
- Spicy foods.
- Overexposure to sunlight.
- Emotional stress and anxiety.
Rosacea Treatment may include:
- Desensitisation to known triggers, using EBT – Energy Balancing Technique.
- Natural remedies – including vitamins, mineral and herbal tonics.
- Topical Treatment – suitable cream to alleviate and eradicate symptoms.
from: Dr. Nerida's Natural Healing Centre