Posted by ANZ SPO on
Psoriasis is an auto-immune dis-ease, whereby the immune system mistakes regular skin cells as a pathogen, sending out faulty signals which in turn create overproduction of new skin cells.
It is a lifelong condition, it is not contagious and whilst there is no definitive cure, the Natural Healing Centre offers various Psoriasis treatment protocols to assist the sufferer in managing and living with their condition successfully.
What causes Psoriasis
Whilst the cause of psoriasis is not yet fully understood, varying triggers can cause and/ or exacerbate psoriasis.
- Genetic – Family history
- Skin Injury – cuts, burns and insect bites
- Environmental Intolerances – heat/dry air and cold/damp air
- Bacterial or viral infection
- Excessive alcohol consumption
- Too much sunlight
- Too little sunlight
Psoriasis may affect any or all parts of the skin. There are five main types of psoriasis:
- Plaque / The most common type of psoriasis — Thick, red patches of skin which are covered by flaky, silver-white scales.
- Erythrodermic — skin redness is very intense and covers a large area.
- Guttate — Small, pink-red spots appear on the skin.
- Inverse — Skin redness and irritation occurs in the armpits, groin, and in between overlapping skin.
- Pustular — White blisters are surrounded by red, irritated skin.
Psoriasis may also lead to a change in lifestyle habits, such as:
- Self conscious – great lengths to conceal affected skin.
- Mood Swings – frustration and anger due to flare ups.
- Relationship Strain – deflated passion and romance.
- Social and Sport Activities non-attendance – uncovered skin embarrassment.
- Increased Alcohol Consumption.
A full health assessment including Iridology diagnosis assists our naturopaths in determining the most suitable psoriasis treatment for the individual.
All factors are considered in an individual’s Psoriasis treatment and a combination of topical treatments, to alleviate the external physical symptoms and vitamin, mineral and herbal remedies will help assist the internal systems of the body.
Whether the Psoriasis treatment is to boost the immune system and/or using EBT (Energy Balancing Technique) to equalize the body’s intolerances, our practitioners can work with the individual to successfully manage their Psoriasis treatment.
Qtd: Dr. Nerida, Natural Healing Centre